Saturday, September 6, 2008

change.

As I told my kids on Thursday and Friday, change is constant. I made them repeat it again and again, but I really don't think they fully grasp the meaning of it. Like Maslow's theory, the bell rang and they salivated, eyeing the coveted "freedom" door anticipating the moment I let them cross. Poor lil things, I about killed them on Friday. 25 kids with one teacher. Guess who's the lucky soul keeper? Yep, the other teacher was off doing who knows what but it seemed like an eternity. The kids were restless, I was tired and we were both moaning for her to come back. I have lost my co-teacher. I am now in charge of teaching all subjects. [Enter panic and worry.] Sigh. I inherited 4 additional kids as well. They all felt like they got the short end of the stick. [Um, Heeelloooo?!?] I told their sad lil puppy eyes, "Too bad, so sad. You are now mine and must play by my rules - which is dictatorship." The kid who I had to walk home with the lecturing grandma and the in-denial father was one who I have inherited in my classroom. FAAAAN-TASTIC. Bright side: Ms. C will still inhabit the same room. I didn't get the pee-er boy. Downside: I'll miss the rug rats as they were a good bunch of kids to torture. [j/k] We have been working like nobody's business getting the transition done by Monday. Thursday we went home at 10:30. Yesterday, 1:30 AM. What will today bring? Shoot 4 PM as it is my mom's birthday and she wants to go to the Gaylord. Why? Who knows, at least I won't be up in room 518 at my school.

Dedication man....de-di-ca-tion. Who bets I crack within one month? I wouldn't doubt it. hehehe...I foresee a mental health day very soon.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Is this week any better for you?