Tuesday, September 23, 2008

hahhahaha...

....is all I got.

my kids make me giggle:

Monday:

various students at sporadic times in the morning: "You look different Miss Nguyen."

me: Really?

them: Yes.

me: Probably my hair, today it is in a pony tail.

them: Ooooooh. Yeah that's it, huh.

They notice the weirdest tiniest detail when it comes to me yet they can't look carefully on whether the problem tells them to subtract or add. REALLY?!?!

Last Friday:

Picture this. A group of kids scrambling in the dark with their teacher allowing this to happen. Why? The principal came on the intercom saying we are about to commence the Perimeter Lockdown in a few minutes. Teacher has no clue as what to do, so teacher asks the students, [Big mistake], "Kids! What is Perimeter lockdown?" Students informs teacher, "Oh, you turn off the lights and we have to hide!" Teacher must be severely lacking sleep and sanity as the teacher agreed to it. So, in room 518, lights are off, room is pitch black and kids are scattered who knows where and with whom...it finally clicks when the teacher hears the other classes going about business as normal. "Hey! I don't think this is right!?!" says the teacher. Kids giggling. [uh-oh....trickster little rug rats]. Teacher goes to another teacher's room and asks ever so kindly as rug rat kids are finishing their Texas book assignment.

"What is perimeter lockdown?" Teacher 1 asks Veteran teacher 2.
"You lock your door and business as usual." says Teacher 2
"Thank you." Teacher 1.

Teacher 1 returns to class wanting to fully yell out rug rats as teacher was made out like a gullible fool....but can't....laughter and giggles just consumes as the memories of how ridiculous we probably looked had a principal or someone would have witnessed our madness. Students giggle and laugh as well as they knew they had pulled one over their teacher. This is all hypothetical of course. I am actually the veteran teacher as I would not ever be gullible enough to allow this to happen in my room. Oh no, not this Asian gal. Ha hahaa.... sigh. whatever.

1 comment:

Angie Tieman said...

Ha! Ha! You had me laughing hard here! Glad you survived Perimeter Lockdown. I went through one at TBP last week too...for 3 HOURS! We couldn't leave the room for 3 HOURS as a policewoman and drug-sniffing dog searched every room for 3 HOURS! lol! But interesting note: 3rd graders can go 3 HOURS without using the restroom!! Who knew?!